International Diploma In Make-Up Artistry
Registrations for 2019 are open! Enrol now to avoid disappointment.
|Qualification:||National & International Diploma|
|Duration:||5 Month Full-Time|
|Starting:||4 February 2019|
|Times:||Monday to Friday (13:15 to 16:00)|
Deposit: R 6 000, 00 to be paid with enrolment to secure your seat.
Registration: R 2 000.00 to be paid on the 6th of October 2018 with registration at our campus.
Tuition Fee, Kit, learning material and assessments:
Payable over 5 months at a rate of R 4 000.00 per month – 31/01/2019 to 31/05/2019
Total cost for the 5 month programme: R 28 000.000
This five-months; full-time International Diploma in Make-up Artistry programme is highly practical and designed to give you a good knowledge and understanding from basic to advanced make-up applications. As part of this course, you will be supplied with a high-quality, comprehensive and professional Make-up Kit containing all products and equipment needed for the course and to work with thereafter. The programme modules have been designed to facilitate you becoming a highly sought-after International Make-up Artist.
Finding employment will be no problem because of the wide variety of career options and subjects covered. You do not need a Matric (Grade12) Certificate but the minimum age requirement is 16 years of age. The programme is divided into 2 terms with a vacation/break between, like school holidays, ensuring the “student-life” experience. You will be able to start booking clients from month one and build your clientele to secure an income. Your friends and family will be welcome to come and sit as models to become part of your studies and career choice.
Please contact the academy to book an enrolment interview with the registrar or principal where all the courses and procedures will be explained to you and your sponsor.
- Basic cleansing routine, skin care, preparation product and equipment selection, functions and usage
- Anatomy of skin, muscles and bones
- Application of make-up using different techniques
- Corrective make-up (face shapes, noses, eyes and lips)
- Camouflage make-up (tattoos, birthmarks, scars, pigmentation, blemishes etc.)
- Bridal make-up
- Colour and lighting for theatre and photography
- Kabuki make-up, Opera make-up
- Ballet, modern, hip pop, fire dance make-up
- Photographic make-up for men
- Make-up for black and white photos
- Theatrical make-up, -ageing and making of eye bags
- Latex ageing for film & TV
- Special effects (cuts, bullet wounds, burns etc.)
- First Aid, health & safety.
- Crepe Beard application and beard knotting/making
- Make-up styles through the ages (Period make-up – 20’s – 90’s)
- Copying make-up styles from magazines
- Introduction to body art & painting.
- Eyebrow / Lash shaping and tinting
- History of make-up
- Day make-up
- Evening make-up
- Mature make-up
- Black / Ethnic and oriental skin make-up
- Colour photographic makeup
- Glamorous photographic make-up
- Ramp / catwalk / fashion make up
- Character HD / TV and make-up
- Avant-garde, smoky eye, gothic, gypsy make-up
- Clown, Mime, Jocker make-up
- Competition make-up
- Aged Hobo and Prostitute
- Fantasy, Futuristic, Pantomime make-up
- Traditional Make-up (African, Oriental Japanese – Geisha, Chinese Dynasty, Eastern Indian, Egyptian, Greek, French, etc.)
- Making & applying latex bald caps
- Bald cap camouflage
- Face – Animal, Cartoon and Body painting
- Business studies & CV development and marketing
- Media make-up for film & TV
- Product training