International Diploma in Make-Up Design & Styling Technology
Registrations for 2019 are open! Enrol now to avoid disappointment.
Starting date: 4th of February 2019 till the 4th of December 2019
Times: Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 13:00
Deposit: R 6 000, 00 to be paid with enrolment to secure your seat.
Registration: R 4 950, 00 to be paid on the 6th of October 2018 with registration at our campus.
Tuition Fee, Kit, learning material and assessments: R 3 950, 00 per month for a period of 11 months, from 31/01/2019 to 30/11/2019.
Total cost for the 1-year programme: R 54 400.00
This International Diploma in Make-up Artistry; and International Diploma in Fashion, Theatre and Media Make-up and International Diploma in Nail Technology one-year; full-time; programme is highly practical and designed to give you a good knowledge and understanding from basic to advanced make-up applications (make-up artistry, nail technology, image consulting, hairstyling, lash extension & airbrushing). As part of this course, you will be supplied with a high-quality, comprehensive and Professional Make-up and Styling Kit containing all products and equipment needed for the course and to work with thereafter. The programme modules have been designed to facilitate you becoming the highest calibre of all-rounded International Make-up Artist.
Finding employment will be no problem because of the wide variety of career options and subjects covered. You do not need a matric (Grade12) certificate but the minimum age requirement is 16 years of age. The programme is divided into 4 terms with vacation/break between, like school holidays, ensuring the “student-life” experience. You will be able to start booking clients from month one and build your clientele to secure an income. Your friends and family will be welcome to come and sit as models to become part of your studies and career choice.
Please contact the academy to book an enrolment interview with the registrar or principal where all the courses and procedures will be explained to you and your sponsor.
- Basic cleansing routine, skin care, preparation product and equipment selection, functions and usage
- Anatomy of skin, muscles and bones
- Application of make-up using different techniques
- Corrective make-up (face shapes, noses, eyes and lips)
- Camouflage make-up (tattoos, birthmarks, scars, pigmentation, blemishes etc.)
- Bridal make-up
- Colour and lighting for theatre and photography
- Kabuki make-up, Opera make-up
- Ballet, modern, hip pop, fire dance make-up
- Photographic make-up for men
- Make-up for black and white photos
- Theatrical make-up, -ageing and making of eye bags
- Latex ageing for film & TV
- Special effects (cuts, bullet wounds, burns etc.)
- First Aid, health & safety.
- Crepe Beard application and beard knotting/making
- Make-up styles through the ages (Period make-up – 20’s – 90’s)
- Copying make-up styles from magazines
- Introduction to body art & painting.
- Eyebrow / Lash shaping and tinting
- History of make-up
- Day make-up
- Evening make-up
- Mature make-up
- Black / Ethnic and oriental skin make-up
- Colour photographic makeup
- Glamorous photographic make-up
- Ramp / catwalk / fashion make up
- Character HD / TV and make-up
- Avant-garde, smoky eye, gothic, gypsy make-up
- Clown, Mime, Jocker make-up
- Competition make-up
- Aged Hobo and Prostitute
- Fantasy, Futuristic, Pantomime make-up
- Traditional Make-up (African, Oriental Japanese – Geisha, Chinese Dynasty, Eastern Indian, Egyptian, Greek, French, etc.)
- Making & applying latex bald caps
- Bald cap camouflage
- Face – Animal, Cartoon and Body painting
- Business studies & CV development and marketing
- Media make-up for film & TV
- Product training
- Introduction: Appearance, body language, image examples, etc.
- Style Personality: Face Shapes: Eye wear, Hairstyles, Accessories, Make-up.
- Colour: General, Human Colouring, Determine season of client, Psychology of colour.
- Figure Analysis: Measurements, Disguise figure problems, Accentuate good points, Fashion dictionary
- Wardrobe planning: Lay-out, Clothing capsules etc
Anatomy of the nail
Theory on Client Care & all treatments
Product Knowledge & Application procedures
Contra-indications & Nail diseases & disorders.
Basic nail preparation
Tip application and blending
French Acrylic Sculpture
French Gel Sculpture
Nude/ Pink Acrylic overlay
French Acrylic overlay
Clear, Colour and French Gel overlay
Soaking off nails
Theoretical and practical assessments
- Theory on Hair care, Contra-indications, Anatomy of the hair and client care.
- Shampoo and Conditioning
- Relaxing Scalp massage
- Blow drying to achieve different looks
- Straightening & Straight up-styling
- Curling with electrical equipment & Curly up-styles
- Roller setting
- French Roll & -braid and other braids
- Bridal Hairstyles
- Theory on Airbrush guns, components, paints and compressor.
- Theory on airbrush make-up, nail art, body art and tanning.
- Dissemble and assemble of airbrush guns.
- Connecting and controlling the compressor.
- Airbrush trigger control.
- Design and cutting of stencils.
- Blending, shading and stencil use.
- Cleaning of airbrush guns.
- Airbrush nail art application.
- Airbrush make-up application.
- Airbrush body art application.
- Airbrush tanning application.
- Client care and after care.
- Theory on Contra-indications
- Anatomy of the hair, Client Care, Set-up
- Application and after care.
- Consultation of clients and client cards
- Setup and preparation of client
- Application Procedures
- Removal Procedures
- Client aftercare