International Diploma in Beauty Specialist and Make-up Artistry
Registrations for 2019 are open! Enrol now to avoid disappointment.
Starting date: 4th of February 2019 till the 4th of December 2019
Times: Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 13:00
Deposit: R 6 000, 00 to be paid with enrolment to secure your seat.
Registration: R 4 950, 00 to be paid on the 6th of October 2018 with registration at our campus.
Tuition Fee, Kit, learning material and assessments: R 3 950, 00 per month for a period of 11 months, from 31/01/2019 to 30/11/2019.
Total cost for the 1-year programme: R 54 400.00
This one-year, full-time International Diploma in Beauty Specialist and International Diploma in Make-up Artistry is ideal for the individual who see to work in the Beauty as well as Make-up Artistry industry. Most of the time Beauty Therapy Courses only include basic make-up which is not enough to work as a Make-up Artist, so we have combined the best of both worlds so that our graduates walk away as qualified Make-up Artists and Beauty Specialists which dramatically broadens their career options.
Learners receive a comprehensive Beauty Specialist as well as Make-up Artistry Kit which contains everything needed for the course, including uniform & textbooks.
You do not need a matric (Grade12) Certificate but the minimum age requirement is 16 years of age. The programme is divided into 4 terms with vacation/break between, like school holidays, ensuring the “student-life” experience. You will be able to start booking clients from month one and build your clientele to secure an income.
Your friends and family will be welcome to come and sit as models to become part of your studies and career choice. Please contact the academy to book an enrolment interview with the registrar or principal where all the courses and procedures will be explained to you and your sponsor.
COURSE CONTENT & SUBJECTS:
- Basic cleansing routine, skin care, preparation product and equipment selection, functions and usage
- Anatomy of skin, muscles and bones
- Application of make-up using different techniques
- Corrective make-up (face shapes, noses, eyes and lips)
- Camouflage make-up (tattoos, birthmarks, scars, pigmentation, blemishes etc.)
- Bridal make-up
- Colour and lighting for theatre and photography
- Kabuki make-up, Opera make-up
- Ballet, modern, hip pop, fire dance make-up
- Photographic make-up for men
- Make-up for black and white photos
- Theatrical make-up, -ageing and making of eye bags
- Latex ageing for film & TV
- Special effects (cuts, bullet wounds, burns etc.)
- First Aid, health & safety.
- Crepe Beard application and beard knotting/making
- Make-up styles through the ages (Period make-up – 20’s – 90’s)
- Copying make-up styles from magazines
- Introduction to body art & painting.
- Eyebrow / Lash shaping and tinting
- History of make-up
- Day make-up
- Evening make-up
- Mature make-up
- Black / Ethnic and oriental skin make-up
- Colour photographic makeup
- Glamorous photographic make-up
- Ramp / catwalk / fashion make up
- Character HD / TV and make-up
- Avant-garde, smoky eye, gothic, gypsy make-up
- Clown, Mime, Jocker make-up
- Competition make-up
- Aged Hobo and Prostitute
- Fantasy, Futuristic, Pantomime make-up
- Traditional Make-up (African, Oriental Japanese – Geisha, Chinese Dynasty, Eastern Indian, Egyptian, Greek, French, etc.)
- Making & applying latex bald caps
- Bald cap camouflage
- Face – Animal, Cartoon and Body painting
- Business studies & CV development and marketing
- Media make-up for film & TV
- Product training
- Facial skincare
- Origins, principles & theories of Massage.
- Eyelash & eyebrow treatments
- Manicure treatments
- Pedicure treatments
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Follow health & safety practice in the salon
- Salon reception duties
- Client care & communication in beauty industry
- Working in the beauty related industries